Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 23 April 2012

T is for Teal

The A-Z challenge to-day is "T" for Teal 
Teal is a bluey green colour on the colour chart.

Its also a small fresh water duck related to the Mallard.
Handsome fellow isn't he, as in most birds and water fowl he is more colourful than the female.
The call of the male is a bright metallic Crik crik  ringing across the marshes, whilst female has a weak quack, that's not usual is it??

A few more duck's from our area 
Golden eye

Tufted Mallard

Mandarins see what I mean about males more colourful




And this one because my little duckling RJR likes it
Don't usually see these out of the water.

And last but not least is the fact that it's my Surname "Teal" hence the nick-name Duckie!

..............................................................................................................

A bird in the hand is better than two in a photograph.

He was responsible for feeding the Pelicans in the zoo.
It wasn't much of a job but it filled the bill.

My wife does bird imitations she watches me like a hawk.
............................................................................................
That's all folks 

2 comments:

  1. Babs here - neither you or John had trains!
    Nice to see our namesake on yours - The teal is also described as a shy retiring duck not like you and me ey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Duckie

    Bob

    ReplyDelete