Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 11 June 2023

Friday, 9.6.23 down the vale.

 Down the Vale on Friday it was a bit chilly after all the hot weather we have been having.




These goslings certainly thought it was chilly

Trying to get back under mum.

This crow doesn't seem to know what to do with an apple.

This squirrel knows what they are 

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.


I'd wedged the apple in the fork of a tree and this squirrel snatched it and climbed high up to eat it in peace, then dropped it, so couldn't see it after that.

The swans had found a nice quite spot out of the way of the crowds.

Only saw one terrapin out on the day.

The Mandarins look like their are loosing their colour now the breeding session is over.

Females always look nice.

 These crows seem to have taken over the Parakeets nest hole in the tree at the bottom of the lane.



But on closer inspection of this picture they are jackdaws!, with that grey head.

Meanwhile back home saw my first Baby Goldfinches, they must be quite grown up now as they are eating for themselves!. In past years noticed them flapping their wings for the parents to feed them, perhaps I should get up earlier, then again why?, they are doing quite well without me, as long as I keep the feeders filled up!.

Mum or Dad.


Baby without its red face.


This is a baby Sparrow.

Notice the bigger beak!.

Baby Goldfinch, still has yellow on its wings.

I'm a goldfinch, see the yellow on my wings.


Another adult.

Quite a difference when they are young isn't there. 

 That's it for another post, other than to say 

Well done Manchester City!!.

..................................................

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience

Books

The stripper by Eva Drawsoff.

The typical Scot by Titus Canbee.

The expectant bride by Marius ina Hurrie.

..................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment