Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 1 June 2023

Meal out, 1.6.23.

 Today my friend Jean and I decided t have a change from Pear Mill Café and met at The Portland Basin Museum in Ashton.

The Café there doesn't belong to the Museum but is downstairs and though there is a lift today it was broken, though there is a slope there for wheelchairs!.

Outside area, last time we went a few years ago we had to sit out here with our dogs, but today we sat inside. 


The path there over the bridge, to the left takes you to Asda and t the right towards Manchester.


Nice menu and various sweets and ice-creams.


You would have to keep an eye on the times for the menu.

I had the soup and sandwich combo and as you can see everything nice and fresh and plenty of it.
The home made soup was Vegetable and you could stand your spoon up in it, very nice.

My friend had a baked potato with cheese which she said was just as nice as mine. the prices on the menu isn't too bad considering the quality of the food, I don't mind as long as its value for money.
We left after a quick check at the boat yard outside and a visit to the nice clean toilets.
I went to Home Bargains at the Snipe retail park for bird food, got to keep up the feeding once you start haven't you.
I couldn't park at The Ashton Moss nature pond so went to Mockridge Garden centre to look at the plants and I couldn't get a parking spot there either!, thought everyone was hard up!.
So it was home and another go digging out the old rotten stumps in the garden before replacing the logs rolls I bought weeks ago. Once the old stumps are out it will be a lot easier, more on that when I finish and photograph it.
..............................................


............................................
  

No comments:

Post a Comment