Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 15 June 2023

Sunday 11th 6.23.

 Sunday I decided it was time for another visit to Portland Basin Museum and the Bridge View Café, and was surprised there weren't that many there, perhaps everyone was fleeing to the seaside like lemmings!.

On the way I stopped at Ashton Moss Nature reserve.

The pigeons were all having a paddle to keep cool.


The others were sheltering under the trees.
Its only mad dogs and English men that go out in the midday sun isn't it!.

Only had the small camera and this was an accidental shot!.

Some babies are due for a nice dinner.

Only small but plenty of wildlife, not much today though as it was too hot. 

Then off to Portland basin in Ashton.

For my lunch I had a sausage and bacon on bloomer bread and very nice too, with plenty of it. £6!.

The lady said "you are just too late for the full breakfast menu", "That was my intention said I, too hot for that.

I sat outside on the new benches, with the parasol it was quite pleasant in the shade.

Had a walk over the bridge afterwards, turned left and came out at the big Asda at the crossroads in Ashton.

 Heading back saw these people on those inflatable canoes.





Too hot outside so headed back inside and a mooch about.
Full of trades and manufacturing of yesteryear.

Clogs.

Made stuff sturdy in the old days.

The type of loads that the barges carried and as I said in a previous post, this is where the families kids slept!.

Dry stone walling.

So a nice day out but too hot for me, only went to try out the weekend menu and report back to the gang!.
.............................................
Fred was so cheap, when he found a packet of corn plasters, he went out and bought a pair of tight shoes.
...................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment