Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 7 June 2023

Ashton Moss nature centre, 2.6.23.

 Friday had to go to The Snipe for more bird food, why go that far I was asked?, because it's cheaper at Home Bargains!.

After my shopping nipped over to the Ashton Moss Nature centre to see the new baby swans, but when I got there, met John one of the owners and he told me they had spent a lot of money building a new island in the lake and as is usual in these cases the swans had taken their babies on Walkabout to the smaller pond nearer to the main road across from B&Q you can't tell them where to go can you, it's probably back of their minds where their ancestors lived before the Snipe was there.

On my from there saw these Canada Geese with their young going there as well, taken from my car at the traffic lights so not good picture.


Had a bit more luck at Ashton Moss, I said to John that I'd only seen Jackdaws there but not today, he said wait a minute and put some fat balls out and the Jackdaws came straight away!.

Not sure what these are but lots of babies with mum feeding them, Sparrows?, hard to tell with the little birds.




This male pigeon not put off his love life by his club feet.

Even though I'd put plenty of seed down it didn't seem to interest this guy, must be missing a mate perhaps.


So after a chat with John, packed up and set off to Portland Basin Café, but that should read Bridge View café as it's nothing to do with the Museum itself only on the same building.
more on the museum to post later!.
...........................................
Preserve nature ...pickle a squirrel.

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes. 
......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment