Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 25 June 2023

Saturday, 24.6.23.

 Saturday I went over to McDonalds for breakfast and then on to Gorton Ressers before the crowds or so I thought, but the weather had brought everyone out to the park, luckily I was going to the ressers to see if there was any birds.

Plenty of Canadian geese with their goslings.


These Coot babies still being fed by their parents

At least there was one trying on its own, as you can see there is one with it's feet in the air, 

The young Great crested Grebes are doing well and getting bigger now.


It was nice to see the Dragon boats out, I'd only seen them parked up in the yard for years, so it was a nice change to see them on the water and the ladies enjoying themselves.

Can just see you in one of those Joanne!






The men setting off, but didn't have a full crew, perhaps not as adventurous as the ladies!.

Guy at the front beats the drum for the rhythm of the paddles. 

Then it was off home to get changed to go to a BBQ at my Son's which was a birthday party for my Great Grandson Henry!, who was down from Edinburgh for the occasion.


Proud mum and dad.
 lighting the candles.

The cake was made by his mum and tasted as good as it looked.
This is Henry's great-grand-mother from the midlands, also my daughter-in -law who with son put on a wonder full spread for all this crowd from the Midlands and Gtr Manchester 
BBQ and also after's and sweets for the kids!.


Some of Henry's nephews and nieces

So a good time was enjoyed by all and plenty of catch up for everyone.
Even the journey home for me was in nice sunshine, not like last Sunday when it was like driving down a river on the motorway in a cloud burst!.
So a really good day!.
.............................................
Newspaper headlines.

Include your children when baking.

Kids make nutritious snacks. 

Chef throws his heart into helping feed the needy.

Drunk get's nine months in violin case.
....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment