Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

O is for other hobbies and pastimes

O is for Other hobbies and pastimes.
Over the years I've tried and done many hobbies and pastimes, on the basis that if you don't try it, you won't know if you like it or not. When son RJR was young it was model railroads, it was for him and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!.
Then it was ice skating which I then had to take the blades off and replace with wheels, wifey didn't like it after a bad fall, no roller blades in those days.
In later life I turned to Windsurfing outdoors and Cross Stitch indoors, kept that a secret for quite some time as I didn't want people to think I was effeminate, then I found out a lot of people couldn't do it anyway so that made me feel better about it, here are some of my efforts.


"If all the worlds a stage why do all the clowns live here?".

My mother tried to learn me to knit but I drew the line there, I think she wanted a daughter really, then my sister arrived and I was saved to do more manly things!.

Power kites are an Other of my things, but you need a beach for that really don't you, wide open spaces, toes digging into the sand whilst the Flexifoil kites, two in tandem try to pull you into the air.
The windsurfing went when my wife didn't want to join in, she said she liked a plug in her water!. That's when we joined the model boat scene, "I built em and she sailed em". I lose interest when I've finished the project, so then it's on to the next one.

The boat yard.

Velda sailing her Wyeforce Tug.

So it's on to the next letter of the A-Z challenge to-morrow, no getting bored with this!.
What will a "P" bring, relief perhaps?.

1 comment:

  1. Babs says its nice to see photos of Velda and reading her comments

    ReplyDelete