Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 18 July 2023

Tuesday, 18.7.23.

 Today Tuesday 18th July, I went down to the Vale again thinking it might be a bit better than yesterday, at least there wasn't any hailstones but it was still raining!!.

Whilst most countries are suffering terrible heatwaves we are still getting rained on to some tune!.

The view at Sunnyside pond today.

 Still I wasn't on my own, a couple of acquaintances were sat there under their umbrella's.

Then a couple with a youngster came along and had this nice young puppy, yes it is only a puppy at 18mths old.


Was glad to see the Warden Daryll when I got to the park and reported to him the vandalised bird table I mentioned in yesterdays post and knowing Daryll he came straight away to look and then got some tools and did a good repair.

Then as an added bonus to me, he showed me an appt on his phone called "Merlin" which gives you all sorts of info on Birds ie Sounds, ID and other info. As soon as he had gone I downloaded the appt and find it very useful.

Since I couldn't hear bird sounds on my old hearing aids, not been able to identify bird sounds, but my new NHS aids are so good I can now hear them, but a bit behind in the identification, so this new appt is brilliant for me!. With the rain there wasn't many birds about but then a sound I did know came and my phone told me it was a carrion crow!, brilliant!, looking forward to better weather so I can explore more on this appt.

The little Grebe nest has broken up again, so no more nesting again, but was told the volunteers are building a Duck house for Sunnyside pond, (not claiming for it on their tax returns though!)


Same Grebe, different fish on these pictures.


Not good nest builders but brilliant fishers.

Young Blackbird.


Mandarin duck

  The young Mallard is getting bigger now so getting safer from predators now. 

Whilst sat there at Sunnyside pond you can even do a bit of plane spotting as the flight path is right in front of you, and there are planes passing every two minutes. Puts my small car into the pale doesn't it!.
Not a good picture through the rain!.

Need to carry one of these in your pocket these days.
Making everyone Seat better.

 Off to Morrisons to dry out, dinner and a brew.

...........................................

The wages of sin are death, but after taxes and NI contributions you'll just end up feeling a bit tired.

Why does ET have such big eyes?.

He saw the phone bill!.

Should you trust a stockbroker who's married to a travel agent?.

..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment