Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 14 July 2023

Friday 14.7.23.

 Thursday it was a nice sunny day, but I was sat in Pear Mill Cafe with friends, shouldn't complain really should I, there are lots of lonely people about that would love to be doing that. An acquaintance of mine on Facebook sent in some pictures from the Vale and said she had enjoyed a nice sunny day down the Vale with her camera. But at least I got a nice shirt from Pear Mill, brand new still in packaging and some discount too, I do love a bargain, but who doesn't!.

Then today Friday, I went down to the Vale again and would you believe it, it was raining again!.

Mr Heron a bit murky though the rain.


That's a bit better, rain eased off.

There were plenty of robins about today, whilst it seemed the other birds must have been sheltering out of the rain.

Not their usual sleek selves today as they were wet through.


Then whilst sat at Sunnyside pond noticed that this little guy had only one leg!, thought at first it had the other tucked up, but was there quite a while feeding off the seeds I'd put out.


Friend Bill noticed it as well, so it wasn't just me seeing things, must look out for it next time I go.

Didn't seem too bothered without it but other birds always seem to pick on the weaker ones don't they.

Survival of the fittest isn't it.  

How does that one thin (match stick) leg support it?.  

So then it was off to Morrisons for dinner ( the Usual) and then across Reddish and Denton to Sainsbury's for my shopping, better bargains there and Nectar Points!.

Still raining!, so off home and finished a jigsaw puzzle I've been struggling with a lot of sky.

So not a bad day really, its what you make of it at the end of the day isn't it.

.......................................

If blind people wear dark glasses why don't deaf people wear ear muffs?.

Quasimodo comes home and finds Esmeralda holding a wok and a laundry basket.

"Great" says  Quasimodo "Are we having Chinese tonight"

"No" says Esmeralda "I'm ironing your shirts"

Its the way I tell em!

....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment