Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 6 July 2023

Tuesday/Wednesday, 4th & 5th.7.23.

 On Tuesday it was off down to the Vale to see if I could spot the Kingfishers that people on the website had reported were back and that a male and female had been spotted!.

Only spotted the blue flash as the Kingfisher shot across the pond, but there was this heron doing a bit of fishing.

Looks like it's caught a little fish here.


Seemed to be having trouble swallowing it.


Back somewhere else on the pond.

This Little grebe seemed to be having a struggle with his dinner.

Got it sorted now.

I do like these cheeky little devils, only trouble is the birds have to wait their turn.

On Wednesday it was back to the vale where I met a friend David who said he'd sat looking for the Kingfisher for the past two hours and was going home!.
So I carried on not feeling very lucky again, but met another friend Bill and is wife and as we sat there a Kingfisher appeared in the very bushy trees.

So I was very glad to see him!.
Then he kept fishing and appearing and disappearing for quite a while.

Far island on the pond.

Then would you believe it it came and sat on the posts about 10 feet away.
Is this my best side?.

Or is it this side?.

Please yourself then!.

The mallard was there with two chicks, had only seen one the day before, so where the other had been is anyone's guess.

Very vulnerable at this age aren't they, saw a crow dive down on them but mum saw it off, needs eyes in the back of her head doesn't she. 

A little ball of fluff.

Well David S, I guess you went at the wrong time today hey!.
Then I was off, a happy chappie to Morrisons for dinner which was a small breakfast today Bob!, can't manage a full one which is basically two of everything here!.  
......................................................

A celebrity is someone who spends the first half of their life trying to be famous and the second half wearing  dark glasses so no one will recognise them.

Holiday- the two weeks you have to slave 50 weeks for.

Mistress- something between a mister and a mattress.
   ............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment