Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 17 July 2023

Monday, 17.7.23

 Today I went down to Reddish Vale before my usual trip to Pear Mill to meet my friends.

On the way down the lane to the car park was surprised to see white everywhere and realised it was hale stones, plus there were large puddles everywhere so must have had a heavy downpour during the night.

This was the view that met me at Sunnyside pond, steam rising up of the wooden landing and seats


Then saw that some mindless idiot had knocked the top off the bird table!!.

Is it me getting old or am I missing something, where is the sense or pleasure in doing something like that, the top of the table is still there with very big screws in it, so its not been easy to break it off.


Had a nice chat with a chap who rescues birds and told me the Male Peregrine at Pear Mill had died, so that must be the reason they haven't nested there this year, the nest site has been taken over by Kestrels that have 4 babies, not been able to get a picture myself yet.

After Pear Mill café decided to check out the Great Crested Grebes at Gorton Lower Ressers on the way home.

Weather had picked up but as you can see, still looking a bit grim, not stopping the kids enjoying themselves on the water.

There were still three babies there, two off feeding themselves but one still a bit of a mummy's boy.


Never mind the preening mum where's dinner



Getting quite big now but still staying the other side of the water.



Just as I was going to go home spotted this little bird, a Grey wagtail flitting along the waters edge.

Another nice day though could have done without the hale stones this morning.
..........................................

Do you know why Turtle wax is so expensive?.

Because turtles have really tiny ears!.


I was getting into my car and this chap said

"can you give me a lift?"

I said "sure you look great, the worlds your oyster, go for it!" 


A butcher backed into the bacon slicer and got a little behind in his orders.

...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment