Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 11 July 2023

Tuesday 11.7.23 down the Vale.

Had a good weekend and managed to stay dry through the quite heavy showers.  

Today it was off down to Reddish Vale, but no luck with seeing a Kingfisher today. Sat chatting at Sunnyside Pond to an acquaintance Bill, a retired fire Station Officer and with our similar backgrounds usually have quite a few tales to tell each other!.

Don't think this fellow was impressed though!


This chap stamping his feed, never mind the chat where's the grub!.


This little one is still surviving which is surprising due to its size.

The Little grebes are trying to build a nest again, anchored to an overhanging branch again, though this time on the right side of the pond.  

They don't seem too bright, because as soon as the wind gets up the branches start waving about and thrash the nest to bits again.
Perhaps its the only way they know how to build their nests, might be luckier on that side if it's more sheltered. 

Round the upper and lower mill ponds, there was this other heron fishing but didn't seem to be having any luck whilst I was there.


Have you got any biscuits Peter?.

Didn't realise they liked bourbon biscuits too

The swan family are doing well on the lower pond.


 Dad brought the kids over for some seed, but watched me carefully to see I was safe.

Mum in the background.

Couple of the kids close up.



The Gosling creche was full today with dozens of youngsters 


Then it started to rain again, luckily I had my cagoule with me, stood me in good stead over the years, as I've had the same one from when me and my wife used to go camping, so it was off to Morrison for their famous Fish and Chips Again!.
I think the new lady on the till got my order wrong, that's not a mini fish and chips surely!. At the moment you get 600 More points if you spend £6, so with a drink there you go!

So another good day dodging the showers!

..................................................


........................................................

Tom was a model husband, mind you he wasn't a working model.

If the dog is barking at the back door and the wife knocking at the front door, who would you let in first. The dog as it would shut up once its in!!.

When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?.
.................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment