Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 1 June 2012

Our Lass 11

I recently bought my next project on the boat building scene, I travelled across to Barnsley to Model Slipway and had a nice chat and Cuppa with Laurie and Jackie and came home with a biggg box containing 
"Our Lass 11"

The Box


Laurie and OL2 at an earlier Blackpool Show, My inspiration for buying this model.

The real thing
A bit weathered, don't know if I will be brave enough to weather mine like this or not at this stage!

Whilst finishing my Narra Boat I whipped round to my mate "Bob the Abell" with the patterns for the stand as at that time I hadn't got a band saw, which I have got now.
Bob did his usual good job and produced this.

It has now been put together and varnished

I don't usually start a new project before finishing the old one, but thought of the fibre glass hull sat there in it's box getting all twisted and warped!. and let's face it once the hull's out its a box of bitz and piecez isn't it.
So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, big init.

If I don't make a start soon this will be claimed by Pepe, placed gently on a blanket for the photo and then quickly taken out, before you tell me to watch out for Fibre Glass!, I've had it in my hands in the past and its not nice stuff.

Now the Narra Boat's finished I started with the small Net sounder Winch which is a small winch which sits on top of the gantry, It was just to get me into the swing of things, whilst I thought out my way of going about with the build
As you can see from the instruction manual its a very good system as always with Model Slipway, and the white metal fitting require the minimum of cleaning up as I've found in my past models from them.
Well that's enough for you to see to-day, will continue with my build later, can't get you too excited all at once!.
...............................................................................
I keep fit by wrestling with my conscience.
.............................................................................
That's all folk's 

3 comments:

  1. A good start for your new project
    Pepe certainly makes the hull look enormous!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, I guess the weathered look won't suit it at all. I enjoyed your post, I hope to read more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys, I'm not usually into weathering Jeremy but Bob's always trying to get me to have a go!, maybe just the winches hey. Every boat was newly painted at first Bob!.

    ReplyDelete