Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 15 June 2012

Bow Thruster in

Not much done on the OL2 yesterday as  Pepe and I went to see George Barrett and take him some transfers for his Narra Boat, also to see how he was after being knocked off his motorbike and having his leg broken.
He is getting better by the day, but very impatient as he is so active normally,running,biking and generally working out, but as I told him you can't hurry these things!
Pepe enjoyed the visit as well as he was playing with their cat's toys, having a great time rolling round the carpet with them.
Then it was off to the lake to see who was there to chat to, got another couple to take a membership form and sign up for the club, so it was worth the trip, plus the chip buttie for lunch.
On the modelling scene the day before (Wednesday) I stayed in and got on with fixing the Bow thruster in.
Used P38 filler for this, on Sunday John had said do you have enough filled for that, I said "I think so",
then he came out of the garage with a 2 and a half litre tin and said "here's some use that, and give me back what you don't use 

I suppose when your a tradesman you have to deal with bigger quantities!, but the whole club could use it and still have some left!
I used my own can with its half inch in the bottom and still have some left,but thanks anyway John.
Touch on the outside to make sure its filled the gaps well.
Then when it was set which as you know doesn't take long, (its always a bit of hit and miss how much hardener to use isn't it!) it was cut off the ends outside and smooth off the excess filler and there you have it.
Looks like a storm trooper doesn't it, or is that my over-active imagination 
Finished job, checked the thruster worked before I set it in of course.

With the filler that was left from this job put a fillet of it under the deck supports to add a bit of strength, rubbed smooth afterwards.
There was still a bit left so I gave the rear net deck area a touch as well and rubbed that down, this area will show  though the hatches in the back and I hope to add some detailing in that area later. Will do a bit more with Humbrol filler later.

Whilst all this was hardening off, I made up the Rudder servo, after the trip to buy the servo at Frodsham  on Monday., thinks of everything does Laurie at Model Slipway.
Then in the evening it was off to the club night to met with TV Bob to display his Great Eastern to the members and give them a up close and personal view of this great project that's been in Magazines, on TV and we took it to the Ellesmere Model Boat Show this year!

We will be manning a stand with it at the International Lifeboat day on 23/24 June 2012, and if we can get near the water will be giving it a dip!
I'm not trying to steal his fame, but its a bit too much to carry about for one!
...........................................................................................................
Sign on an Irish pub door
Gone to lunch, back in an hour, already been gone 15 minutes

In a Scottish pub
Happy hour 5-45 to 6-00pm

That's all folks.

2 comments:

  1. "You`re doin` a grand job!"

    Bob(Mr TV)Abell

    ReplyDelete
  2. liked the scottish sign especially Babs

    ReplyDelete