Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 8 June 2012

More OL2


I've been busy after the Monday day out at Etherow for the Jubilee Day Raft Races and Model Boat display
See here John's Day fishing and scuba diving charter boat.
The only sunny day sandwiched between rain, we were lucky again, they say the sun shines on the righteous don't they.


Then the rest of the week,  first of course as always is the daily housework and tidying up.
Wednesday saw Pepe and I out with John doing a bit of helping out, another sunny day with Pepe staked out on the lawn in the sun.
Thursday I did a bit of shopping at the market and a bacon and sausage on toast at the Savori's Cafe in Gorton Market, nice grub and nice people to serve you, Sister Babs and Hubbie Bryan will remember them,  bet they don't get it as good in OZ!.
On the modelling scene, I've been cracking on with the new project, after cutting the holes out for the Bow thruster in my last post, I've epoxied the extensions to the bow thruster, and yes it will fit in completed, don't try this at home!!.

Then it was the turn of the rudder to be started, First checked out the parts and cleaned them up, not much to be done there, the two halves of the rudder were CNC cut in 1.5mm plastic and then sandwiched between the small brass rudder and epoxied together.
Well clamped.
There was a small piece of grey tube to be added on the bottom, but as this was hollow I decided to add a brass rod inside to make it stronger, after a bit of filler and rub down it was soon finished. 

And there it is all finished and a coat of filler/primer on ready for fitting to the boat, and marked off as done on the manual.
Will try and get the wires attached to the bow thruster to-day, as the weather doesn't look too clever, and it's easier to solder outside rather than inside the boat, just have to leave plenty of wire as I don't know where I will be running the cables yet.
After listening on the radio yesterday I heard of some people that had a water meter fitted and were saving a lot of money, £800!! (John had mentioned it to me at the back end of last year) and it seems that you are paying for water and sewage based on your rateable value of your house whilst with a water meter you are paying for what you use, so if you are an elderly couple or single you aren't going to use as much as a family with a lot of teenagers running baths so why pay for what you aren't using, you don't pay for gas and electric on your rateable value do you!

Will let you know more after my experiences with this subject!. 
...........................................................................................................
The last time I had a bath the midwife gave it to me, I have a shower!! 

2 comments:

  1. Good vid again Pete looks a bit cold for them ducks though got a nice oven will warm them up with my roast potato's .
    like the fisherman on the back of the boat how did John get it to move .Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a servo the same as the rudder and then control's it thro the tranny.
    Will give you a go next time you come over, make sure it's in our summer though, that's when we get any.

    ReplyDelete