Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 17 June 2012

Wet weekend activities.

What a downpour yesterday evening, I started the weekend off by doing some ironing and then off to the  Post Office collecting station to pick up my M & S vouchers for joining Sky TV (£75 can't be bad) and then on the way back was drawn to Gorton market for a bit of brunch and some shopping at Tesco's, getting my points up you see, I'm getting a right Scrooge these days with my shopping, looking for all the bargains.
Got a car washing glove from Tesco and some dentustiks for Pepe at £1 instead of around £1.69!
When I got home Pepe went straight to the bag and dragged out the wash glove and he's been rolling round the floor with it ever since, still it was cheaper than a doggie toy, funny though I'd bought one similar in a different colour for dusting round and he wasn't interested in that one, perhaps its the colour.


On to the latest with OL2, due to the weather again got stuck into one of the job's I'd been putting off, the fitting of the bilge keels!, it was stated in the instructions to fix them in at 45 degree's, first off, 45 degrees to what, then looked at the full scale plans and realised it was 45 degree's from the centre of the boat, so came up with this gauge.
bit Heath Robinson but it worked so that was al-right.

Hull cut with small cutter in Dremel and keels set in, marked off depth on the inside for pins to be tight fit.

Pinned in and epoxied on the inside

I'd seen an article on the Model slipway web about detailing the OL2 and the chap had put a brass strip along the edge of the keels, nice idea but I thought they were still a bit vulnerable to being knocked off.
Son John said why don't you do the same as you did on the Wyeforce bulwarks?, a tubular strip instead of a flat strip, here it is, the result was a much stronger strip and rock solid!. 
A bit of a job cutting down the length of the tube to fit over the keels but as L'oriel say's "it's worth it" I think so don't you?.

Just needs to have some filler added on the outside to fill any small gaps and cleaned up round the front and rear edges. Worked out quite well if a say so myself, thanks for the idea John.
Will put some filler in this morning and then when I get home from Sunday Dinner at John's it will be ready for rubbing down.
...................................................................................
The joke for to-day is a visual one, as Bob and I keep banging on about our I-Pads I thought this might amuse some of you that are not up to date with the latest technology.



That's all for to-day Folk's
...................................................................................................................

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, are you posting this on model boat forum ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I thought perhaps there was enough people doing it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete