Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Our lass 11

Yesterday after taking Pepe his walk round Debdale park
Nice now things are coming into flower.

I sat in the garden and had a drink whilst thinking of the next things to do on OL2. 
Then found this video on YouTube, it gives you a feel for what it must be like on this boat




Then it was into the workroom and get to grips with the Rear net openings, which went very well, after drilling all round the opening area 


Then a flat rasp to clean up the holes to the "D" section as shown
"Turned out nice again" as George Formby used to say

Then after cleaning up the area of the dust and bits of Fibre Glass, (don't want that walking though the house and getting into Pepe's feet) I finished off the anchor box on the outside filing and shaping the opening as stated on the instructions. Will look better with a touch of filler primer on and sanded down I'm sure.
Then after I'd cleaned up the area from doing the net opening I decided that I could put off the drilling out of the Bow Thruster openings no longer and set too with that!.

I always find it hard to do these holes as its not just a straight forward hole, but has to fit across to the other side so is at an angle, still it didn't take long and there it is.
Need to fit some wire to the motor and glue the extension tubes to the motor and make sure they are water proof before its fitted into the boat permanently.
So it was a clean up of the dust again, I wish I wasn't so tidy,but if your that way inclined what can you do.
Then it was off to see my mate "Bob The Abell" to arrange for our trip to the lake on Bank Holiday Monday 4th June, as its our club's joint venture with the sailing club, we are having raft races (real) and our models on display and sailing. Bob will be showing off his world famous Great Eastern, well it was on the BBC 2 program "Coast" the other week (Sunday 20th May at 2100hrs), if you didn't see it catch it on BBC2 Iplayer , is on there for about 6 weeks I think.
Well a busy day so just chilling out to-day before going to the No 1 son's for Sunday dinner, Pepe likes that has he gets some fresh chicken bits for on his dinner.
.........................................................................................................
All the toilet seats in the local police station went missing the other night.
The police have nothing to go on!.

I'm just a bug on the Windscreen of life.
....................................................................................................
That's all folks.

1 comment: