Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 30 June 2012

More OL2 and other things


During the week I've fixed the rudder servo mount and servo in 

General view, showing the supports round the hull for the lower deck.

Linkage fitted.

Whilst I was still a novice boat builder I attended a Club talk and one of the members was talking about all the different linkage systems on the market, he then said he couldn't understand anyone using a bent bit of wire, my first kit was a Robbe yacht which stated "Bend a bit of wire to make the linkages"!, and that's what you do if you don't know any better isn't it.

As I've progressed in the modelling scene I now use the linkages that you see here, a bit dearer than a bit of bent wire but look better doesn't it.

I've also been looking at the net rollers as shown on the Model Slipway "detailed" section and seen the idea there for a better look on the net deck area, so first it was the net rollers.
This is the basic ends for the net drum supports, look a bit bare don't they?


 After a few bits added, including the rim round the middle circle.

Getting circles fixed on, and then will spray the drums with the ends off and then spray the ends separately, watch this space.

And other things
In the week with the weather not being too good Pepe and I have been going over to Debdale park which is nearer to home and we can walk there thus saving on petrol which though getting a bit cheaper at the moment is still dear!.
Whilst in Debdale I took these pictures,






The rain doesn't seem to have battered these blooms too much.
..............................................................................................
General Custer's last word's 
"I can't made these Indians out, a minute ago they were singing and dancing!

The last thing to go though a gnat's mind as it slams into a sports car going 100mph is its BUM!.

Boom Boom

That's all folks.
........................................................................................................

1 comment: