Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 25 October 2010

Sunday Outing

We had a change of venue yesterday and went to Bury Metro Model Boat Club where my wife is a member and was surprised to see 35-40 members in attendance must have been the good weather brought them all out.
Took a few pictures of boats that stood out to me 
 Water skiing with girl on the back 42 years old the chap said , not  a collectors item now as when he cut her hair which was getting in the way he didn't have any scissors so used his pliers, not to be recommended for fashion though some these days look like they have been to this chap for haircuts
This air boat was very good and very stable the best I've seen !.

And last but not least a young man with a nice model of a pusher tug complete with barge with ambitions to make some more barges to push, nice to see youngsters sailing as they are the clubs of to-morrow aren't they. 

Dropped back to our Etherow Club and the park was packed out, not many sailors on the model boat lake but plenty of yachtsmen on the big lake.

Got a nice surprise when I got home an E-mail from mate Bob with an update on the rails for my Narrow Boat, he'd made flanges for the bottom of the legs.

Nice hey !.
Thanks a million Bob

3 comments:

  1. Those flanges make a massive difference !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very nice aren't they, makes them look more realistic and stronger. What a engineer that Bob is and it was his idea as I'd not thought of those.

    ReplyDelete