Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 2 June 2014

Jobs over the weekend.


Been busy over the weekend, had a trip to the lake on Saturday then it was home via pals Bob and Joyce to see how they were getting on.
Then it was home to finish off the Fire Engine details as below.

Was only after I'd sprayed all the model Green I remembered that the rear was mostly silver chequer plate, so that was the next job

Then picked out the valves and connections

Added a number plate, realise the number plates in them days were silver and black but where's the fun it that!.


Hose reels on the side painted


More detailing on the front ie blue light, bell and windows. I know the windows look a bit funny but the interior of the cab was cream and I've been out in the evening when the sunset was on the windows and it looked a bit like this, there again I was only a young sprog at the time!.
And there you have it a coat of copper paint on the inside of the trough to seal it, I'll bet you'd forgot it was a planter!, it was finished.
On sunday it was a quick spray with lacquer all over to seal everything, and then off to the lake to see the fiesta racing as it was the first Sunday in the month again.

to see the happenings at the lake click here


Spotted these cute baby ducks on the big lake.



This morning (Monday) whipped out before the showers and placed and planter in the spot in the garden reserved for it and planted it up with the plants I'd earmarked for it.
 A couple of heathers called Red Fred, reminds me of my father-in -law who was also in the National Fire service during the last war.


Here is the planter in situ 


A closer shot of the front and side elevation 

The rear, quite a lot of detail considering its a concrete planter don't you think

Then a more pulled back picture of the garden. So that's the end of this project which I've enjoyed very much and will continue to enjoy in the years to come, he say's touching wood franticly

So on to the next project, you see the rainbow in the last picture, well I've got the materials for another one for a friend and made a start this afternoon, it's being so busy and active that keeps you young I think!. And don't forget in a previous post I mentioned that I bought two planter, so that will be another project to do for the garden.
.......................................................

You know you're getting old when you bend down to tie up your shoes and look round to see if there's anything else needs to be done while you're down there.

I'm so old that when I ask for a three minute egg, they ask for the money up front!.

He was so old that when he asked the doctor how long he might live the doctor replied 
"Put it this way don't go buying any green bananas"

It's the way I tell em.
.....................................................................
Thats all for now folks









No comments:

Post a Comment