Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 28 June 2014

Here, there and everywhere

Been here, there and everywhere the last few days since our club trip to Lyme Park
I was surprised to hear from our Exhibition Secretary that the park didn't want us back in September as we had hoped, they only wanted us as extra's to their own event's. Looking back to our visit this time realised that their Fathers day event would have had nothing at all if we hadn't been there, seems strange to me but it's their lost in my opinion!.
Will be looking for other venue's perhaps more accommodating!.
The painting of my tug boat is going well and here are a few pictures of progress so far,

Superstructure painted Aquamarine, after a bit of thought on colour for this, I thought of one of my favourite authors Clive Cussler and one of his hero's in the Dirk Pitt series. Dirk works for the NUMA agency ( National underwater and Marine Agency) and all their boats are painted Aquamarine, so thats good enough for me.

Rear view not quite finished yet

Talk about silver tongued, Tuffy is Copper tongued.


Funnel and decks finished, started on the port holes.

On the gardening front, bought a new plant 
A Begonia type

 This is now the view from my kitchen window, no grass cutting for me, complete with Pepe surveying his domain,

He wasn't so thrilled on Wednesday I imagine when I took him to the Groomer to be washed and trimmed, though he doesn't seem to mind too much, and does look great afterwards.
Where's the bacon buttie then?.

I feel a right pansy!.

We went to Chadderton Hall Park for dinner and then after the groomer cutting and two bagging job, it was off to Daisy Nook Country Park for a cuppa and a sandwich to put me on until the BBQ and sailing on two lakes event at the club in Etherow Country Park at 7pm.
So Three Parks in one day Pepe, can't be bad.
At Etherow for the Boat Sailing saw our little friend from the threesome family, remember the two Canadian geese and the white minder I spoke about in an earlier post?, the baby is growing quite big now!.
Any bread mate?.

 The following day (Thursday) we went to the Lake again and there a few feet out from the landing stage with all our sailors watching there was a right racket going on with two pair of Coots and their babies, couldn't wait to get my camera out and video it.
Checked on the internet at this strange behaviour and found out it could be territorial or perhaps females not wanting to mate again with babies to still look after.
Perhaps my sister and her husband who are keen birdwatchers will know and tell me.

                              

Hope you liked the video, certainly good training for the babies getting stuck in hey!.
...................................................................

Marvellously Mature

When you and you teeth don't sleep together.
It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.
Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr
Your sit in a rocking chair and can't get going.
When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

Well, that's it for now, the microwave is calling.
......................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment