Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 1 October 2010

Brass ends for roof and rear handrails

We went to B&Q the other day and checked out the brass rods at 8mm to make the ends for the brass rails on the roof, they wanted £18.50 for a 1 metre length and as I only wanted 6" thought it was too expensive. My wife said why don't you buy something made of brass (What do they know!) and do you know what we found a cabin hook at £7.50 and solid brass !
Women are always more thrifty than men aren't they
So then it was round to my mate Bob and he turned me these nice end balls

And just to prove modellers never throw anything away he made me some trial brackets from the "AZIZ" brass scrap I'd given him at the end of that build last year.
I'd also come up with an idea for rail supports from the inserts in electrical connectors seen here, useful to join  two lengths together as well.
and as they come in all sizes will keep the idea for any later projects
Just waiting to see the construction of the superstructure now to see the scale of things






No comments:

Post a Comment