Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 8 October 2010

Dog walking at Debdale

Yesterday Pepe and I went our usual walk round Debdale park and while there took a couple of pictures for you which might be of interest.

First is the Wheels for all, as you can see from the notice on the side its for special needs people to ride and by the looks on their faces they are really enjoying it.



Then we went round the park to the back of the Golf links and looking across the reservoirs you can see the EST Manchester Donkey Centre on the site of the old allotments,so a lot of glass and stuff that had been bulldozed down was still there under the surface which had to been cleared for the safety of the donkeys. 

 I did 3 years as a volunteer there and helped the handyman Neil to erect all those fences in the paddocks down to the water, a very enjoyable time but was putting more time in there than at home! so thought it was time for a change and that's when I became involved with model boats.
Two of the lovely donkeys at Debdale.
This is all part of "The Donkey Sanctuary" down in Devon
Why not pay a visit you will enjoy it !

Thought Pepe would be tired out when we got home but not on your life, he just wanted to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment