Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 23 October 2010

Bits and pieces


Thursday added a bit more to the window frames to make them look a bit more bulky, rather than just flat plastic, so when painted should look better.

Though it doesn't seem that there's much progress on the build I want to do as much as possible on the side panels whilst they are flat as its much easier to work on like this, rather than fiddling on the insides once the superstructure is built. 
The other reason is that while the weather is still nice on the odd days we are trying to get out and about, went to the lake yesterday (Friday) for a bit of lunch at the cafe.

I have made a few flower tubs for on the roof as well (5)
Made of plain and planked plasticard, we bought some different coloured roses from a haberdashery stall in the market though not tried them in the tubs yet, hopefully from a distance they will do the job, not many real flowers will fit in these tubs!.
We did at one time buy ( RJR) our son some packets of flowers from a railway shop but looked very fiddly to put together so don't know if he completed them or what they looked like, perhaps look at that idea if the silk ones don't look right.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I did use them...
    Yes they were fiddly..
    Yes I have some left..
    Yes you can have them so I can laugh at you making them :)

    You can spot them in this picture outside some of the doors

    [IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/johntealon30/modular%20layout/mossleyfordukinfield2.jpg[/IMG]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't open the link ,please send in e-mail

    ReplyDelete