Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 7 December 2022

Kingfishers at the Vale, 7.12.22.

 Had a good day today at Reddish Vale Park.

There were four of us photographers at Sunnyside Pond, I did feel a bit like the poor relation with my camera as the others had those big lens ones with the camo covers on, still its what turns you on isn't it.

There was a kingfisher there in full view and it was diving into the water which at the far end was frozen over, which had me thinking what do they do when its fully frozen over??.

Had a look on the internet and it said they use holes in the ice, but what if there are no holes!.

There was an article on the internet where somewhere in the Balkans, a guy had cut out a Kingfisher what was frozen solid in a diving position! wow, and we though eating was getting hard for some!.

Here are some of my todays efforts.








I know there are a lot, but they are beautiful aren't they.
I didn't know until today that kingfisher could hover like Kestrels' or humming birds, but they can, I saw it today, I was so busy pointing it out to the others that I missed getting a shot myself. I see one of the guys got a shot and added it to the Reddish Vale website, good for him!.
Did get this one in the picnic area behind the info centre.

I got so cold stood there and the info centre didn't open so it was off to Morrisons for a hot drink and  a Mini Fish & Chips.
goodness knows what a full size one is like, too big for me in the pass.

 I'd ordered a Camo jacket with inner quilted waistcoat from Amazon yesterday and could have used it today, but there again it was on the door step today when I got home, so the way the weather is going it will be put to good use!.
Still missing my little companion, here he is with me and Margie Cooper off the telly at Pear Mill in happier times.


You'll just have to recognise me by the hats nowadays!. 
........................................
A man goes to the Doctors and says "I can't pronounce my
Fs, Ts and Hs"
Well said the doctor "you can't say Fairer That That".

She's a light eater, When it gets light she starts eating!.

Wife says to Husband,
I've made the chicken soup.
Oh thank god! I thought that muck was for us!.

It's the way I tell em!
........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment