Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 30 November 2022

Those observant amongst you will see than the title of my blog has changed!, that is because Pepe is no longer with us.

Tuesday morning his ailments finally caught up with him, I found when I came downstairs that he had haemorrhaged all over the floor and I took him to the vet and he was sent over the Rainbow Bridge!.

I went to Reddish Vale park today and kept looking down to see he was alright and no geese about to attack him and of course there was nothing there, I suppose it will take some time to get over that after 13 years of doing it.

Sorry to start today with this sad news!.

At Reddish Vale the first thing I saw at Sunnyside pool was this beautiful Kingfisher.

A male!.


Only about 20 foot away from me.

Was told this is a Pochard.

Male and female.

Crow enjoying a bit of fat ball.

A pair of Goosanders on the Lower Mill Pond.

The Male.

The Female, which I think is the more colourful.

An all white pigeon, thought at first it was a dove, but think its an albino pigeon.

This robin was eating out of my hand this morning, first time ever.

These cheeky Squirrels almost go in your bag!.

 Cormorant drying out.

This pair of ring necked parakeets were feeding on plants growing out of the viaduct, the trains (yes there were trains running) didn't seem to bother them as they carried on eating regardless. 


Think this is the male, with the darker neck band.

First time I've seen them near the viaduct but I suppose it's go where the food is to them.

So it was a day of mixed feeling today, keeping looking down for my companion of the last 13 years, natural I suppose.

Went to Morrison's on the way home and had a Mini Fish and chips, very nice, not been able to have them in the past having had Pepe in the car. The price had gone up since I last had one, but hasn't everything!.

.............................................

Finished this Jigsaw today, anything to keep my mind off yesterday.

Look at those prices though, I remember those too, before decimalisation so most of you won't remember that.

12 pennies to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound!., florins, half crowns, farthings and sixpences.

Don't think we want that back., much easier with the present system.

....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment