Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 14 November 2022

Weekend 12-13th November.2022.

Not much been going on this week, on Friday had to get up early and wait in for the gasman to cometh!.

Had a 8-00 to 1300hrs slot!!, but by 1330 still no gas man, so had an online chat with Brit Gas to find out where they were, after giving my details numerous times was finally told they hadn't turned up due to overload of jobs and they had booked me another slot!, which would have been nice to have had that information sent.

I finally got an email at 1830hrs that evening, what a joke. why didn't they let me know they were not going to make it!.

A half day of my live wasted, and there will be another half day at the next appointment won't there, at my age you don't need any wasted days.

Gripe over!

So it was off  to McDonalds with Pepe and a stroll on the rezzers at Debdale afterwards.



This cormorant was on the sailing club landing stage.


A bit closer.

This Great Crested Grebe was happily swimming about in the area the water board had put up a notice not to feed the birds in this area, has it was dangerous for the birds!, perhaps being a juvenile it couldn't read!. 

I got a letter from the Water Board on that day to say my water bill is going down again by £1 so that's better than a slap in the face with a wet fish isn't it!.

Can't understand people not going on a water meter, I only pay a third of what I used to, good saving these days of austerity!.




Sunday we went to The Snipe for a Bacon buttie and some bird food from Home bargains, though they didn't have any drawing pins to put the new world map up on the wall, then its done I'll post a picture of it and the United Kingdom one as well!.

We have been to Pear Mill again today and the steeplejacks have finished on the big chimney, glad about that, didn't like watching them like flies on a wall, I'm not into heights anymore, though when I left school I started as an apprentice lift engineer and heights never bothered me, still you learn with age if you have any sense hey!

Got a new glass clown from Pear Mill this week, its the one in the middle, adding to the theme
"If all the worlds a stage, why do all the clowns live here?".

Next time, I'll tell you all about my senior moment this week!.

.....................................................

.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment