Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 12 December 2022

Over the weekend, 9-11.12.22.

 I went to Reddish Vale on the Friday, but the Sunnyside pond was frozen over, so no Kingfisher in attendance!.

The Squirrels were there in numbers, enjoying the monkey nuts so it wasn't a wasted journey.

This one seems to have been fighting and lost a bit of tail.



Saturday it was snowing so showing a bit of common sense, didn't go to Pear Mill, I always think it's not the going but what's it going to be like when you come out again?.

Then by dinner time it had started to look a little better so went over to McDonald's for lunch and then a walk onto the ressers in my new camo jacket, was warm as toast in that.


The birds were soon flocking round me.


Even Mr Swan came out to see what was on offer.

He even came up to me and was taking food out of my hand

Quite big when they are next to you.

Quite fickle though, soon wander off when the foods all gone.


Then looking across the water, saw these young guys ignoring all the signs and warnings to stay out of the water on normal days, never mind when it's below zero!.



I was going to go to the sailing club and tell them about these stupid guys, but the boat club were on the ball and sent a boat out to tell them to get out of the water. 

There was another guy there but he was shadow boxing, that will keep one warm I guess.

There were a couple of Cormorants out on the water, but made me feel quite cold keep diving under the water, didn't seem to catch anything though.


Sunday never turned out at all, too cold.

Did get a couple of pictures from in the garden, the goldfinches are doing well on their Sun flower hearts.


The goldfinches are quite selective with their seeds and only seem to eat certain ones, but the dunnocks who are ground feeders mainly, soon pick up the rejects. 

Look very much like sparrows but notice the narrower beak, always seem to be on the floor so you could miss them.

So it was Back to Pear Mill Cafe today, with a bit of shopping on the way home.

I got a call from the Vet as well today to call in for Pepe's ashes, which were in a nice presentation box, they will have to stay in that until the better weather when I can get up to Dovestones were my wife's ashes are there under a tree planted for her.

Taken a few years ago with my son, so tree is bigger now.

Click here.

Pepe will be joining her at last!.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you know why Turtle wax is so dear?

Because turtles have really tiny ears!.

Now an important announcement for all drivers travelling to Shrewsbury on the M11.

The M11doesn't go to Shrewsbury!.

What's a polygon?

A dead parrot.

.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment