Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Tuesday & Wednesday, 13-14. 12.22.

Tuesday, I went to Reddish Vale County Park to find the Sunnyside pond frozen over still so no Kingfishers about, there again I wasn't surprised as there were about 10 other photographers there, most I was told were from Daisy Nook County Park area.

The only one I knew was Malcolm Doyle, he said the others were mostly new and had these great big cameras with Camo covers on and I felt a bit like the poor relation until Malcolm told them I had had a picture of mine in the first Daisy Nook Calendar!, which made them look at me a bit differently, I wouldn't want one of those huge heavy cameras!.

Captured this shy Jay, but he wouldn't come any closer with all that lot about. 


  Plenty of Blackbirds about though.


Squirrel Nutkin there too.




Plenty of Nuthatches too, never seen so many at one time.


As I was sat there after all the others had gone saw this nuthatch about four foot away looking for bugs under the woodwork.


Perhaps fancied a nice juicy bug for dessert after all the seeds

A Coal Tit.

I then went to see if I could find any Parakeets, and found a pair in the big tree where they used to nest before the pandemic. 

This looks a nice place Gladys





Got to have a Robin haven't you!

A little dunnock too.
So all in all a nice but very cold day, but my new jacket stood up to the cold well.

Wednesday I went to the Windmill, (Denton) with friends for our Christmas dinner, which was just the same as a ordinary Carvery to us but that's what we wanted and very nice too. 
On the way home I called at the ressers to feed the birds and nearly got mugged by them!.

The Pennines in the distance.


Then nearer.


Then nearer still.

Glad I went but didn't stay long as it was -4, but did manage to capture four Cormorants fishing and hanging out to dry!.
Only two posers though.


Thanks for the seed!, Peter.
So another good day even with the cold.
.........................................

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care!.

Books

Know your letters by Alf a Bet.

I was a failed lion tamer by Claude bottom.

................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment