Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 3 January 2022

 Happy New Year to you all!.

Started off well for us with Dinner at son's on Sunday for my Birthday, nice dinner as usual and some nice presents!.

Even put on a shirt and tie for the occasion.


This was from Son and Daughter -in- law., had read the first one, but not the second one, hope the first is as good as the second.

Grandson & wife had left me this one before going back up north to Edinburgh.


The key ring I mentioned in the last post had some more work done to it.
Strengthened round the hole as its only Plasticard. 
Painted and varnished, keys added and seems quite durable at the moment, will have to see how it goes on, might have to have a plan B.



One of my Christmas from friend Jean was this Dastardly Difficult Puzzle.


Even though only 100 pieces was quite difficult as there were no straight lines on the edges!, will keep this one too do again when I run out of puzzles to do.


Before Birthday Dinner we went to the Ressers to give Pepe a walk and feed the birds and how glad we did, because we met three ladies from our visits to Reddish Vale Country park in the past.
One of the ladies collects coins too and I had a few swops for her so I think that made her day too, doesn't take much at our ages!.

At the Ressers today saw this in the water, wonder what idiot did that, can't see it being an old age pensioner, who some of the youngsters are blaming now for spoiling the planet.

The birds enjoying the food we brought.

The Boss.

The Misses.

The Boss seeing off any competition, even if too young.

Was lucky enough to see this cormorant fishing today, got to be quick between dives.

If we hadn't been caught in a downpour, we might have got him sat out with his wings spread drying them.

Their feathers aren't as waterproof as other water fowl, that's to help them whilst diving.

If you see one, try holding your breath when they dive until they surface again, you will be surprised at how long they stay under water, also so how far away before they surface.


Noticed that the Friday club in the sailing centre has gone from Free last year, to £3 now, good job its not Pro-rata or I'd be in trouble hey!

Once again happy New Year, stay safe!.

...............................................................



............................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment