Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 23 January 2022

Nice dry cool weekend, 22-23.1.22.

 Lunch at Pear Mill Saturday, followed by a visit to Sainsburys to check out the Specsavers shop which I hadn't realised was there.

When I got there the lady didn't know what Wax filters were!, which didn't bode well for me, then she said the Audiology department wasn't open on Saturdays, only Tuesday and Fridays, which I thought was a bit  naughty of them not making that clear on their website, apart from giving the Spec ladies more work looking for items they didn't even know what they were looking for, I will be having words on Tuesday!.

Sunday was a trip to McDonalds, lunch in the park car park, then round the Ressers.

Met a nice couple in the car park cleaning off their Cockerpoo, which as I know from my Son's couple of them can get quite muddy, they love it and seem to find all the water and mud they can.

The swans are different again and are always preening themselves have to keep their feathers nice, clean and waterproof.


Even youngsters learn this early.


Only one Cormorant there today!.

Been diving for it's dinner, so has to sit like this to dry out it's feathers, which aren't as waterproof as other water fowl which helps them whilst diving. 

Male Tufted Duck. 


The Female Tufted Duck.

So it was home then, as it was quite cold by then and even  Pepe with his coat on was feeling it!.

Home by the fire in his new box and woolly  blanket.


So a good day, always good to met other people, that's what getting out is all about isn't it!.

Perhaps meet that couple with the Cockerpoo again at Pear Mill as I told them about the welcome they would get with their hound getting looked after like all the dogs there.

..................................................


.....................................................

Strangers are friends you haven't met yet!.

.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment