Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 4 January 2022

Unofficial Birthday today , 4.1.22.

Well, if the Queen can have two birthdays why not us!.
So today us dog walkers had arranged to meet at the Windmill carvery in Denton to celebrate my birthday, as I'd been to my families for dinner on the day.
But horror of horrors when Pepe and I arrived at the Windmill my friends were stood outside and notices on the doors to the effect that they were closed due to Staff shortages!.
So after a discussion on where to go we decided to go to Morrisons at Bredbury as it was closer to home for everyone afterwards. 

We had coffees whilst deciding what to have and we all said we hadn't had fish, chips and peas for a long time as that's not on the menu at Pear Mill.
Whilst waiting for our meal I was given some birthday presents.
This from Mate Peter G.


These from Friend Jean.


Plus an Amazon voucher which is going to pay for a pair of slippers arriving tomorrow.
Jean's daughter down in Devon had sent me this via good old Amazon!.

So after a lovely meal of a large fish, chips and garden peas and another latté everyone was full up and didn't want a dessert, so after a good chat, as we hadn't met since before Christmas, we all went  our separate ways home!.
Well as Pepe had been in the car I decided to call at Debdale Ressers on the way home, and test out my new pocket Bino's and bird book.
The book came in handy as there were three big black birds which I was asked "What are they" by a Mother and children so was able to show them what they were and not lend them my new Bino's, they could have been mini carriers couldn't they, not being in school and all!.

So here are the cormorants they were asking about, and explained about them drying their wings out after diving, so at least they learned something today hey.



Cool but dry today.





The young Great Crested Grebes are doing well.





Male (with white on) and female Tufted Ducks 



Fancy having to sleep with one eye open all the time, in case something comes along and eats you!


This morning before going out started this nice Jigsaw which I'd bought from Amazon thinking I was running out of them, that's a laugh got plenty now!.
This is a Chinese one, which are very good value and even have a large full size poster in the box too, the last one I gave to my Elder Granddaughter as she is a school teacher and likes posters for the school walls.

  

My Goldfinches at home are doing well and I spent a couple of hours yesterday cleaning and scouring one of the bird feeders, will do the other tomorrow, thought if I took both down at once they might think I'd closed up shop on them!.

So all in all a good day was had by all, well I hope all, I certainly  enjoyed it!.
...............................................

Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker, I know what you are getting for your birthday, Luke I have felt your presents!.

Your friends and I wanted to do something special for your birthday, so we are having you put to sleep!.


Happy Birthday, you look great for your age .
Almost lifelike!
.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment