Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 11 January 2022

Debdale Reservoirs,11.1.22.

 Down on the Ressers, today it was quite dull, but being well wrapped up, it was warm enough to sit and watch the wildlife.


Form an orderly queue, we British are noted for it, its even got a place in the 10p Alphabet coins I collect ie Q for Queuing! 

A good spot today were a couple of Male Goosanders. Unusually its the Females that are more colourful.




 If you were wondering what the females look like here is a picture of one, not mine this one!.

Look like punk rockers.


The junior Swan, doing well.


On Sunday I had a pleasant afternoon making the birthday present I got from  friend Jaquie all the way down in Cornwall, via Amazon.


Parts in the tin.

Glued the two back pieces together with the glue provided, held together with elastic bands thanks to the postmen that throw them away everyday!.

My mate Bob is an expert at using elastic bands, string and weights to hold glued things together. 

Page one of the build.


Page two of the build, good job I still have some of the clamps from my Boat building days.


Roof added, all given a good sanding with a nail file.

Then all over coating with Sand'n'Seal, get's a bit wet round here.

Finally a coat of Mahogany varnish.

The tin is even useful to take seed to the park!.

So a nice pleasant Sunday afternoon project, Thank you once again Jaquie!.

Finished this nice jigsaw, I'd treated myself to from Amazon, another Chinese one, always very good quality.

Even get a full size poster as well!.

So still keeping mind and body busy in these uncertain times, though the experts are now saying we are going from Pandemic to Endemic now, in other words we will have to get used to living will the virus same as the flu, and will be alright if we have had the vaccinations!. 
Hopefully the anti Vaccers will come to their senses and get jabbed for the safety of us all!.
................................................

One of my birthday cards from a friend??.


 Sounds about right at times though!.
........................................................ 

No comments:

Post a Comment