Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 17 September 2023

Steampunk event, 16.9.23.

 Yesterday, Saturday my friends and I went to our usual meeting place, Portland Basin Café on Saturdays now and this week we were pleasantly surprised to see crowds of people with cameras I knew and they had come to photograph the Steampunk people!.


I'd only see them as a team on Tenable on the telly, but they were all very sociable and were quite happy to have their photos taken in fact they were insisting!.
so here are a few of my pictures.
Carol Singer, appt name hey.

There was a stall there in case you wanted any dressing up bits, and even a cat model dressed up. 

Starting young!.

Looking more like a pirate, but was told there are all types of dress.

These two going for a walk in the area.

Perhaps the wife wasn't into it.

A note from the committee, the pies have arrived, do you remember who used to say that?.

These two were very eager to have their picture taken.

The stall holders.



Happy looking pair hey.

These were happier.











So there you have it, its all something to do with Jules Verne and H G Wells it seems, if you are interested you can just enter "Steampunk" into the search on the internet, plenty of stuff on there.
It just proves to you doesn't it, it takes all types in this world and they aren't doing anyone any harm.
The only thing I thought was that they could have made a lot of money for charity, but when we asked they said they only dress up for their own  pleasure.
At least my hat wasn't out of place for a change!, but I'm not quite into these though.

Sunday 
Didn't go out today, stayed in and did a few household jobs.
The new bird feeder I'd bought a few weeks ago hadn't been touched, then I moved it today. 

Within 10 minutes there was this lovely Great Tit on it!

Must be in a safer place for them now.

Still got loads of Baby Goldfinches coming to the feeders.


Think this one is from an earlier batch, has its just getting its red face.

  I finally put up my Garden camera after working out how it worked Had it a few months so it was good to get it up and working, got a solar panel on top so no need for loads of batteries, though there are some in for back up.
So a nice quiet day and some long overdue jobs done!.
......................................

How about the cannibal who ate is mother-in-law,
She still didn't agree with him!.

Did you hear about the cannibal that passed his mother-in- law in the woods.
 
A butcher backed into the bacon slicer and got a little behind in his orders.
.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment