Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 12 September 2023

First week in September 2023.

 Was a funny week last week, one minute very hot and the next raining, plus my friends were away on another coach trip down to Devon where Jean met up with her daughter and granddaughter both who had been ill for weeks, look a bit better here.


I went to Bridge View café, in Portland Basin  on the Thursday and on the way stopped off at the Snipe for more bird food and then over to Ashton Moss nature reserve to see the swans.

One of the parents making sure I wasn't a threat to the babies.


They don't look like babies anymore though, nearly as big as parents.








The six youngsters have been very lucky up to now after mum and dad kept taking them on the main road time and again.
Then it was off for lunch to Portland Basin for lunch.
Nice lunch, Roast chicken club sandwich and ice cream to finish of, there was plenty of salad to take home a torty bag for Alfie as well, and he enjoyed the fresh food too.

Just in case you were thinking of going there here is the holidays timetable

Back home I took the break in the rain to cut back the bushes in the back garden as some of the branches with big thorns were getting out of hand.
Kept as many of the branches with berries on as possible as they are the food for the bird during winter.

Typical meal for Alfie.

 He loves Cauliflower.

Been to Reddish Vale Park this week too, but that's for another post!.
....................................

One for friend David, who's a dog walker. 
...................
A guy phones the hospital and yells  "You've got to help, send an ambulance  my wives in labour" The nurse says "Calm down is this her first child?" 

He replies "No, this is her husband".

..............................

Why do cannibals like Jehovah's witnesses?,

They're free delivery!.

..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment