Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 15 September 2023

Past week down at the Vale, 11-15th Sept 2023.

 
 The past week I've been a bit slow with my Blogs, so here is a few pictures from my visit to The Vale in the past week.

This young lady was quite pleased when I introduced her to the bent beak Pigeon and how to get it to eat of your hand.


This family of Chinese were pleased too. 


This is one of this years little grebe chicks on the top mill pond.

You have to know where to look to see the terror-pins as they are covered with algae when they come out of the water these days. 

New sign on Sunnyside pond.

The poor little Little Grebe's were attempting to build a nest on Sunnyside pond again, won't last though as the first gust of wind will blow it away, perhaps its only a young pair with no experience. 

Terrapins on the top mill pond.


Whilst there met this young Asian lady with what I thought was a pram and turned out to be this.



 Then there appeared at my side, her husband with his camera!,

The last I saw of him he was headed to Sunnyside Pond with his camouflage net after I told him where the kingfishers were.

But Mum you're a better fish catcher than me. 

Plenty of herons about at the moment, think they must have had babies.

Think this is only a young one.

This is how you get into monkey nuts, hold them down with your foot.



A female mandarin.
 A couple again, asked me where the colourful Male Mandarins were and I showed them a pair of brown ones and explained that the one with the orange beak was the male, I don't think they believed me!.

A scenic one for a change.

Then it was off to The Windmill in Denton for a nice change.

...................................................................................


...........................

                Did you hear of the cannibal who went on a diet,

He only ate midgets.

Two cannibals eating a clown and one says to the other,

does this taste funny to you?.

...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment