Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 28 September 2023

This week, 25th-28th Sept.2023.

 Monday it was off to Pear Mill to meet friends David and his wife Sheree who were keeping me out of mischief in the absence of the other two friends who are on another coach trip to Dunoon in Scotland.

After a good natter it was off home and as the weather wasn't too bad for a change did a bit of gardening in the front.

You can just see the leggy bush I've cut down, my man and wife neighbours who were both gardeners at Debdale park assured me it would sprout up again in the spring and be better for the trim.

You can also see my feline friends who come visiting every day, though  think its only for the food!. 


Tuesday it was down to Reddish Vale again and it wasn't too bad on the day with the sun coming out once the streets were aired!.
There's always a place hard to get at!.

The duck weed on Sunnyside pond is as thick as ever, this turtle is covered in it.
This turtle is about twice the size of Alfie, I've seen one twice this size on the top mill pond.
Won't be long now before they disappear for the winter by burying themselves in the mud. 

There were two cormorants on the lower mill pond on the day.

Drying off its feathers as they're not as water proof as ducks feathers to help them whilst diving for their fish dinners.


They look quite tetradactyl whilst flying.
Wednesday is was threatening rain so did a bit of housework, well you have to sometimes don't you!.
Called at the Chemist opposite where the Fir Tree pub used to be for a Flu Jab, no waiting straight in and done.
Covid jab booked in later in the month, getting to look like a second-hand dart board now!. 
Then it was off to the Windmill for lunch and it didn't disappoint me with the usual Carvery and a half pint to help it down!.
I've been going there for about 50 years now and it's not changed much, though they have added a pizza counter, though that doesn't seen to do much at dinner time, perhaps it does better in the evening with the younger folk. 
I only have the turkey now, whereas I used to get beef as well for Pepe.

Back home Alfie is quite happy with a salad mix with grapes and cauliflower!.


Today it was off to Pear Mill on my own, but that doesn't bother me as it gives me a chance to browse round the stalls without worrying I'm holding up people.
Then I jumped on the motorway and made my way to Sainsburys, aren't motorways great, you can get from A to B in no time at all.
I like the SmartShop at Sainsburys where you can scan your items and put them straight into your bag then show your phone at the check out and pay and its done!.
So all in all a good week up to now, Reddish Vale again tomorrow weather permitting, hopefully a Kingfisher hey!.
...........................

Remember when we spent money like there was no tomorrow,
Well it's tomorrow!.

What's the best way to stop water coming into your house?,
Don't pay the water bill!.
.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment