Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 30 September 2023

Reddish Vale Country park, 29.9.23.

 Friday, it was down to Reddish Vale park again, not too bad a day so had a good walk round.

On the lower mill pond there were the two Cormorants I'd seen on Tuesday.

This one lying down on the job.

This one drying out it's wings after fishing.

At the top end of the lower pond there were these two cute Little grebes, the grebes have done well here this year with a brood of four chicks.


The Terrapins were out catching the last summer sunshine


On the top mill pond this crow was enjoying the bourbon biscuits


Here it is trying to pick up two pieces, because it knows if it doesn't it will be gone when he gets back.

Today Saturday I went to the Bridge view café to meet my friends back from their coach trip to Dunoon. It was nice to see them again and specially as they had brought me a present each!.

Peter had brought me this teapot, has he knew I'd been looking for one to wean myself off coffee and get back to tea, after all it's tea that the British Empire was built on wasn't it 


Jean had bought me this pack of toffees.

Whatever next, you can take your dogs into the outside seating area of the Café, but not indoors

This nice narrow boat to there today, will be getting cool on them what with winter just round the corner.

I know they have heaters on them and people had bought them instead of houses, but there are still lots of rules and regulations to follow, same has houses, ie mooring fees and licences for each canal system.


Jean had arrived in her new (to her) car and very nice too, a Nissen Note, I'd been fancying one of those until my current car caught my eye. It is a very nice automatic and inside and out looked like it was straight out of the showroom.

Alfie's dinner today, he always heads to the green grape first, but does eat all the rest. 


So a good couple of days, there again at my age any day you wake up stretch your elbows out and don't feel wood is a good day isn't it!.

October tomorrow where did September go!.

.........................................................

If each mistake you make is a new one- cheer up, you are making progress.

Are part-time bandleaders semi-conductors?.

Definition of an opera; where a man gets stabbed and starts singing instead of bleeding.

..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment