Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 24 September 2023

The weekend, 22nd -24th Sept.23.

 This weekend has been a washout again, with it raining on and off all weekend.

Friday I went to Reddish Vale Country Park, was only there half an hour when the heavens opened again, but I did manage a few pictures for you.

The young couple of dog walkers from this van set off in the rain with their charges all happily wagging their tails!.


At Sunnyside pond this heron looked as though it was wading though pea soup the duck week was so thick. 

Must have to wait for movements has it can't see though that lot surely!. 


 This squirrel was enjoying a monkey nut.

With a bourbon biscuit to follow



Only went to Portland Basin Café on Saturday and a bit of shopping on the way home.

Today Sunday I went to McDonald's for lunch and saw they are doing the monopoly stickers again and one of the top prizes is an electric car!, I wonder how many of those are won at the end of the competition, that's of course if anyone wanted one!.

Then it was on to the Gorton lower ressers, but of course it started raining again as soon as I got there, so fed the birds and ducks, they must have been hungry with no one visiting.

As you can see the weather was a bit grim

This guy was very adventurous but he was soon followed by a lot more than I didn't manage to snap as I was covered with them. 


 As I didn't manage to take many pictures today, I thought the new readers might like to see a few of my earlier pictures taken here.

This pair of Great Created Grebes had a good brood a few years ago and I managed to get the babies riding on mums back whilst Dad was catching little fish to feed the babies.


I suppose mum tells dad who has had some, or perhaps its the biggest gets most in the real world.

I'm glad to say they all survived that year. 

So there you have it another rainy weekend, still we are used to it in the Rainy City!.

.......................................................

Man to friend. "Your wife sings like a pirate".

Friend says "What do you mean?"

Man, "She's murder on the high Cs".


What do a lawsuit and a viola have in common?,

Everyone is much happier when the case is closed.

................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment