Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 15 July 2020

This week so far, 13-14.7.2020.

Sunday, we had a walk over to Debdale Park and had a nice wander round in the Sunshine.
A lady approached me and said are you the chap that put's pictures of the park on Facebook, Fame at last!, "I'm one of many" I said, then she said she wanted people to know about the "Rose Growers of Debdale" so if your in the area had a look at their efforts.

This is a nice new area in the park, It used to be the mini golf course but with the cutbacks over the years there was never anyone to man it and it had gone to fallow and looked a right mess, but someone has had the idea to turn it into this!, very nice too.

This is the path down near the reservoir.

A young Blackbird.

............................................................................
Been a dull few days up to now, so Monday stayed in and did a bit more on my Lego Truck, very addictive!, should take it a bit slower or as Son John said it could be quite costly, but what's it for if not on dull, cool and wet days!.
We did however go for lunch to Pear Mill Cafe which has opened again but I think there are a lot of people still cautious about going out , whether Boris wants them too go out spending or not.
There was only one other couple in besides me, Pepe and mate David, so we got a coffee each on the house for our visit. I'd not been since they closed though they have been open for takeaways the week before. It is all safe in there with all the serving staff in face visors and gloves and bringing your meal  and cutlery to the table you have selected  away from anyone else.

Was luck to catch the peregrines after lunch.

A silly fat pigeon not bothered by the falcon above it.


Tuesday morning saw me off to Specsavers for an eye test, again all the staff in face masks and the floor all marked out with green tape and only one person to be in a square at a time.
My test went well with my distance vision set by my cataracts operation years ago but my near sight had deteriorated slightly, there again I was a few years overdue with my tests!, so it's back again next week to pick up my new reading spec's. One thing I did realise whilst in the store, with all the staff in face masks I found I must lip read as well as depending on my hearing aids, so I will be struggling a bit if Boris decides to make at mandatory to wear face masks in shops, I'm not bothered as I already do, but when everyone else does it might be a problem for me and others in the same position!.

While in Hyde, had taken my new compact camera with me so tried it out on Hyde Clown Hall.


All zoomed in!



The view from the car Park, very good there £1 for 3 hours, that's the way to get people back in the shops again isn't it, that's not new there though its been that for a few years now, since the new car park was made when KFC was built.


Zoomed in again.


Not bad for a compact 35x zoom, the update on the new Hyde Road bridge.


Hope you've noticed the new tab under the header picture, Lego Technics, click on it to see my latest project.
..............................................................................
Did you hear about the guy who lost his left arm and left leg in a car accident!, he's all right now.
.............................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment