Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 16 July 2020

Lunch with friends, 16.7.2020.

Had a nice lunch with friends today that we hadn't seen since lock down began so it was a nice change, I think even the dogs seemed to like it!
Yes, it was at the Pear Mill Emporium Cafe which was our regular watering hole before the virus, so it was nice to get back and see all our  staff friends there again.
We even got a complimentary coffee each so the welcome must have been mutual.
All the serving staff  were wearing face visors and brought the meals and any sugar to the table as I suppose its not wise these days to have sugar left on the table.
After the meal and our drinks my two friends went their separate ways and Pepe and I went round the other side of the mill to see if the Peregrine Falcons were about  and managed to see a couple of the youngsters, so my distance vision is still OK, don't be fooled by the pictures as they seem quite near with my super zoom.

Think they were hoping Mum or Dad would bring them some dinner, but parents must think they are big enough to fend for themselves now



Finished the Lego car transporter!, I know son John said take your time or it could be an expensive hobby, but with the weather so bad the last few days, what do you do sit there twiddling your thumbs?
Quite complicated in some sections with all the decks and cab being able to move.
Car on top deck.

Car on top deck of trailer.

Car going up to top deck

Cab tilted.

So it's on to the next one now and hope the weather bucks up so I can get out more, then the next build will take a bit longer

Another nice surprise today, my youngest Grand-daughter texted me to let me know she got an First Class Honors degree from her university for civil engineering, so its a pink hard hat for her!.
................................................................................ 
Teacher to pupil, "where's the English channel"?,
Pupil, "I don't know our Telly can't pick it up".
...................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment