Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 8 July 2020

Another couple of days in lockdown, 8.7.2020.

Took my little hound Pepe for his regular wash and trim, his favourite  place is Mucky Pups in Oldham, and while he is in there I pop up the road to the Manor Village Bakery where they do a fabulous Bacon Buttie, only takeaway at the moment but I don't mind sat in the car with it. Got a few cakes and oven bottoms to take home too.

On the way home popped into PC World for a wireless mouse as I've not got the hang of the finger pad on my new laptop yet.
When I got home there was my Lego Technics kit in the porch, I'd only ordered it the afternoon before after dinner, and there it was before noon the next day, that's service for you and no postage!.

That's a big box Pepe!

Today we had a walk over to Debdale Park, our local park to see if we could get a better picture of the parrots and has the weather was better we got these pictures.
This one flew in with a bunch of berries in its claw, will have to look out where it got them from.
 

There were six in all today.

Tucking in to its dinner.

Need a stretch after dinner. 

Magpie stealing the parrots peanuts.

Think this is a juvenile Blackbird?.

Regulars, social distancing chats, that's the tree in the background the parrots seem to congregate in.  

The cheeky squirrels are everywhere, same as other parks.

The volunteers hard at it, its a social thing as well.


The bowling clubhouse.

They must have got some money from somewhere, I've not noticed these before, there again I've not been for ages

All the paths round the park seem to have been resurfaced as well so its very pleasant to walk round now without wading though mud.

Got the modelling table ready

This is the main model that's got the blue car with it too.

The back of the box shows the main model at the top and the bottom of the picture shows what you can also make with the pieces if you want to break up the main model! 

This is the instruction book, I've read novels thinner that that!, having said that, very good quality and very good plans, once you get used to the terminology terms used, good job I've got John to fall back on at the moment, but as my school teacher used to say " Must try harder".

Needed a big table too, these are all the bags of bits.

So just need bags Number One at first, so the rest back in the box for now.

Had a couple of hours on it today, this is the progress so far.

This is the differential, not too bad but after a word with son John, he gave me a few tips as he is a seasoned builder  

I had the yellow part here on wrong, but John told me the way to find the right parts.

Seems about right at the moment!.

As John said, if you go at it hell for leather this could be a costly hobby but a steady couple of hours will be alright at the moment, as my brain is hurting now!!.
So watch this space to see the progress!.
.............................................................
Custer's last words at the Little Big Horn: "l'll never understand these darned Indians, a few minutes ago they were all singing and dancing"!
....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment