Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 6 July 2020

A few days of rain, 4-5.7.2020.

With the rain over the weekend, only went over the road to my local Debdale park, but at least I found where the Ring necked Parakeets hang out so it wasn't a wasted trip.
But it was raining slightly so the pictures aren't too good of the parrots,
 


 A couple here but saw three in all, but they weren't co-operating and getting together so I could get them in one shot.  

In the same tree this Wood pigeon.

Another nice part of the park is this orchard.

With a nice carved tree trunk.

What more can the park people do?, the rubbish bin six feet away and still it's too much trouble for some idiots to use.
Some times you see rubbish all round the bins but that's usually crows and magpies scavenging for scraps.

Even though it was drizzling the volunteers doing their good work.  

One of the nice trees on front of the wardens huts.

Here's a couple of magpies.

And a crow, big aren't they.

Another wood pigeon.

A male Blackbird.

Back home in my garden, feeders were well attended by my resident birds.
This is an adult and a baby, all the babies seem to be feeding themselves now.
 

Tucking in well.

Adult, I'm not sure how you tell the sex of these birds.

No red face and a mottled breast until their first moult!. 

Today Monday, Number one Son came and set up my new Laptop and transferred all my programs over from the old PC which was still on Window 7, so will now have to learn how to use the Windows 10 system and mouse pad on the laptop!.
Saw this on the internet somewhere today and it seemed quite apt today for me!.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young

Another thing son John introduced me to today was Lego Technic kits, something I'd been looking for to replace my jigsaw puzzling, which was a good way to pass the time in lock down but not very much to stretch your mind. 
So tided up my Modelling table ready for my first kit ordered from good old Amazon, watch this space!.
.  

Will eventually add a "Lego Kits" tab to the top when I get a few models to put in it.
.........................................................
If all the worlds a stage,
Where do the audience sit?. 

Why in movies does every window in Paris have a view of the Eiffel Tower?. 
..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment