Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 29 June 2013

Out and about

Well if you read the last post you will have read that I was thinking of buying a new camera, not that the old one was that old!, but as with all technology these days it's moving that fast that you will have a job or a big bank balance keeping up with developments.
I was having a bacon buttie with Pepe opposite PC World the other day before going to John's to puppy sit Jessie and thought I'll just whip in there and see what the size of the new Fuji-film SL1000 is so with my camera bag over my shoulder went to investigate.
The new Fuji-film SL1000 is basically the same size as my old camera ( so no need for a new bag) but with a 50x zoom and the price is only a fraction of the price of the NX300 I was looking at previously, which you then you had to buy the extra lens, bag and others things ie tripod!.
So after my trip to see Jessie, called back and bought the new camera, another Bridge camera and for the technically minded of you here is the details of it.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-camcorders/digital-cameras/bridge-cameras/fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-bridge-camera-21270365-pdt.html

So a couple of days later I went to John's again to see Jessie, but called at Birch Services on the M62 on the way to see if there were any "Eddies" and as usual there, I wasn't disappointed.
Apart from the trucks I took these pictures with the Zoom that with the technology doesn't need a tripod as you will see.
Above the tallest tree can you make out a light fitting

You can now, and look at the bulbs and glass fittings!, not much camera shake there is there.
I did actually have the camera on the car door if I'm honest, but it's still good isn't it.

This is a picture back home
The back garden

And the trees opposite, didn't point that end cap very well did they!

Whilst at Birch Services spotted these "Eddies" all quite new Reg's





And a long shot

The Rivals, Eddies/ Malcolm's

Spot the "Eddie" not hard is it with their distinctive livery.

Chicken Run, no prizes for guessing how many chickens in there, the smell was enough to keep you away.
.............................................................................

......................................................................................
Sign's

Don't drink and drive,
There's no cure for the mourning after.

Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar.

Customer's giving orders will be promptly executed.

In case of fire, please do your best to alarm the porter.
Boom Boom

It's the way I tell em!.

No comments:

Post a Comment