Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 10 June 2013

Nothing exciting really!.

Over the last few days's nothing exciting has been happening for Pepe and I!, we have been to the lake most days and walked round the lakes with friend Sylvia and her dog Molly.
On the trip home from Buxton last Sunday, Bob and I were discussing the fact that there seemed to be a few Stag statues around there ie, This one over the door and one on the top of The Crescent.
A few days later got an e-mail off Bob with his solution.

Now....my theory for the Stag symbol?
In the old days.....In the wode era.....They liked wearing hats and symbols of authority
The leaders wore the best hat availabell.......The Stag`s head with fancy antlers
The riff raff had to make do with a Pig`s bladder, or a Rhubarb leaf or even......a Tilley hat! (Thats Mine)
So the Stags head was a symbol of leadership?.....eh?
Bob

So there you have it, problem solved!.
......................................
Pictures from the lake this week are 
The lone survivor 

At least one still alive!.

Too tired to beg at the Cafe 

Guard Dog on the landing stage


Still resting on the landing stage whilst sailors sailing, almost standing on them

Home at last, busy days for a little dog.
......................................................

Saturday it was clean out the fish tank and replace the plants as they had become covered with Algae as in top picture 
Fish shop said I wasn't water changing enough, so that's another job, hope it works though as it looks a lot nicer when clean. This picture is done with an App called Insta-stitch.

Sunday was a clean up in the garden, the cracks between the flags had got full of moss and it looks a lot better now, just have to get the jet washer out now for the flags


Nice picture with the Panoramic App on my Iphone, just love it now I've got the hang of doing it!.

 Then it was off to John's for Sunday dinner which turned out to be a BBQ in the garden
John ,Jesse and Pepe staying out of the way in the background.
There were nine of us which included two lady missionaries from the Good Old US of A, who are attached to the Oldham ward at the moment, and very nice ladies too. Also a friend of Joanne's who works in the Ambulance service so something in common there.
It was so hot I felt like I'd been on the barbie myself when I got home still shouldn't complain it could be raining next week!.
So there you have it job's round the house, in between trips out and about, I certainly know why housewives get so frustrated with the daily routine of it all and all to do again and again and again.
  Boreiiing
.................................................
What's worse than eating Shepherds pie in a restaurant when you don't know what's gone into it?.
Eating it at home when you know what's gone into it!.

"There's a salesman outside with a young lady"
Tell him I'll take one.

Teacher "Name two pronouns?"
Fred "Who?, Me?.

Teacher "What is a comet?"
Fred "A star with a tail"
Teacher "Name one".
Fred "Mickey Mouse!.
....................................
Boom Boom 

That's all folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment