Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 17 June 2013

Over the weekend

Looking at some of my pix's over the past week I was thinking of purchasing a camera with a bigger zoom, then I thought of the people I know with these and you never see them with them after a few times and the novelty wears off.
The next thought was a spotting scope, but you need a tripod with those to keep them steady, so it was back to something that was easily transport-abell in your pocket or round your neck.
My friend said "there is nothing wrong with your pictures with the camera you have!, so here are a few from the past week.

Most of these taken on a walk round the lakes at Etherow Country park with friend Sylvia and her dog Molly.


Moorhen

Baby mandarins







On the way to the hide.

Top pool.

So the final decision was a better pair of binoculars which would still fit in my pocket
A pair of 12 x 25 were purchased at the Stockport binocular shop and John got the old ones, so we are set up for our holiday on the beaches in Scotland later in the year.
Stockport traffic on Saturday was horrendous with at least 4 events taking place I believe and also Marple carnival, so could have picked a better day to go shopping there, still the shop was just outside the town centre with parking outside the door.
The window tinting works well with Pepe in the back out of sight and cooler!.

Sunday was off to John's for our Sunday lunch, where Pepe has picked up a bad habit from Jessie of sitting on the back of the settee and looking out of the window, Pepe never did this at home until he saw Jessie do it!.
Bad habit off Jessie

What can you see Pepe, Cats! Jessie.

Give us a kiss

I can climb too.

Bad habit off Pepe, Barking at all the cats.

That's close enough Jessie.

These Doggie pix's all taken with my Iphone, marvellous what you can get out of them these days isn't it, how technology has advanced in the last couple of decades!.
Everywhere you look these days there are people snapping away, what wonderful childhood memories being stored away. My photo memories are very few and far between as it was only the well off folks that had money for camera's, film and developing.
They used to say the camera doesn't lie, but with Photoshop these days you can do whatever your imagination can come up with.
................................................

Critic:"What do you consider your best work of fiction?:.
Author: "My last income tax return"

Did you hear of the guy who was run over by the mobile library and was moaning and groaning,
The librarian jumped out and said SSShhhh!

Its the way I tell um.
..................................................................
Well that's all for now folk's 

No comments:

Post a Comment