Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 18 September 2010

More on the hull

Some more on the hull section of the boat
Side pieces were fixed in and then the inside walls were fitted

Now you can see where the cut outs in the formers come in.
The inside walls are higher than the deck to form the coaming

This gives you an idea of the slotting on of the superstructure ( front door section)


Whilst these were drying fitted the servo to Rudder arms,the squared end on the rudder is for fixing the large tiller arm they have on Narrow Boats

Then it was on to the side decks that fitted between the inner deck and the hull 


Now only have to filler between the hull and the deck but as you can see not a big job 
Went to the lake yesterday so not much modelling done, tired out after walking the little beastie round the lakes,thought a small dog now we are getting older but that didn't work out quite as we planned !

2 comments:

  1. My there's a lot of work going on here !!

    Just remembered I had some pictures of a narrow boat.. If I remember rightly you worked on it with me ??

    http://www.rjroriginals.co.uk/canal_boat.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was up at Hebden Bridge wasn't it,can't remember which canal it was on though.Couldn't swing a cat let alone a hammer could we,it was different though,best part was working together!.

    ReplyDelete