Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Birthday Week, 1.1.2023.

 Was my birthday this week, very quiet as all my friends and family have had either flu or Corvid, still at my age having had 85 of them I tend to want to forget them!.

My Son and his Wife brought me my present on the day but didn't come indoors in case of passing any infection, had a amazon voucher which I've cashed in for a game on my Nintendo Switch.

On the day I had a celebration Fish and Chips at Morrisons,

Those chips were like those double fried ones, that's a mini meal, can't manage a full one, what ever they look like!.

Meanwhile down at Reddish Vale park it was very busy but found a few quiet places to feed the birds.

Everyone likes feeding the ducks don't they, but bread isn't very good for them, mind you chocolate isn't good for me but I still eat it, every thing in moderation hey! 

That's the young Swans.


The parents catching an afternoon nap whilst the kids playing out.

Plenty of Cormorants about on the day


Should imagine the preening is paramount to cormorants with all the diving they do. 

A Coal Tit, with that white stripe down the back of it's head.


Look there it is.

Male Blackbird.

Today I was down the rezzers at Debdale park, and with my Camo jacket was nice and warm, though it was a cold day.

Mallards with one a different colour.



Moorhen having a root amongst the leaves.

I met two foreign chaps today there and noticed the older one had a camera, which is always an excuse to start a chat!.
It turned out it was a Nikon P1000 which is the one I've stopped using as its too big and heavy. it turned out the older one with the camera said he'd had it a year this week and didn't know what most of the buttons were for, so I was there giving him an impromptu lesson on his camera, ie he didn't know the view finder at the back folded back on itself, he was over the moon with that and gave me a hug, gerr off!.
So after a while I said are you related to which the older one said no just friends, I'm from India and he's from Burma!, how wrong can you be, I said my Dad was in both those places during the war in a Naval Mine sweeper!.
I then gave him one of my Homemade hot shoe covers and you'd have thought I'd given him a tenner!.
Finished off advising him to get a guide book by Alexander White which is a brilliant book and gives you your moneys worth out of your camera.
Finished the day visiting my mate Bob a recent Widower and seeing how he was getting on, and like me is quite getting used to being on his own, mind you I'm an old hand at it now, though still missing my little dog Pepe!.
So a good week though quiet, Pear Mill reopens tomorrow so it will be nice to go back there and see old friends again. 
.........................................

I wouldn't say his car was old, but it was insured for fire, theft and Vikings!.

What do you get if you cross a cat with a gorilla?,

An animal that puts you out at night.

Cars are almost fool proof ,

as long as the fool stays awake at the wheel.

..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment