Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 19 January 2023

On the mend again, 18-19.1.23.

 On the mend again, yes I've been poorly, not felt really ill, just the sniffles and a cough. The only thing was the sleepless nights coughing that wears one down!.

Still not been idle, a friend bought me a wooden kit for my birthday, knowing I've been a modeller, and this is the one she bought me.


In the box was the instructions 2 sheets.



Also the flat pack wood and steel strings and wire for speaker.

Plenty of spares in case you mess up!.


The construction was as follows,

The stand.


I covered those raw edges with a felt tip pen.


The Base.

The amplifier.


The guitar arm.

The front.

The Back.


Front and back joined.
Used my mate Bob's idea for joining the two uneven parts, laccy bands!.





Finished, if you bite your nails don't even try this model as there are a lot of very small parts.
Stringing it was probably harder than the real thing.
Forgot to mention there was a square inch of emery paper in the kit but from earlier models learned that a ladies nail emery board is the ideal thing to use.


A nice kit but very fiddly, but there again its the  challenge isn't it, if I'd felt very ill I wouldn't have attempted it until I'd felt better, so I mustn't have been too bad hey.

My first day out this week was yesterday, just a drive over to McDonalds and a walk to the lower Ressers all wrapped up!.


Looked nice but very cold.

Saw these two fishermen, but they weren't having much luck, didn't have the heart to tell them there were 8 Cormorants there the previous week, so any fish they would have got!. 
Surely there must be warmer hobbies for this weather!.

Swan family still doing well. 

The monkey nuts I took were most welcome by the Maggies.



A few bags full of seed for the other birds. We seem to have escaped the Avian Flu at Debdale up to now, 
heard on FaceBook that Etherow and Reddish Vale have it at the moment so will steer clear of them places for a while.

Got to have a Robin in somewhere haven't I!.

Well, A bit of a change of subject this time, but has I've not been out much it's all I've done.
..........................................

How do you spot the Irish Jew at the Wailing wall?,
He's the one with the Harpoon!.

What do you call it when an  Italian has one arm shorter than the other?.
A speech impediment!.  
Sounds a bit like me!.
......................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment