Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 22 January 2023

Weekend, 21-22.1 23.

 Not been out much this weekend, too cold and still got a cough, the cold wind makes it worse so better not to aggravate it hey.

Finished another jigsaw, an oldie worldie one which I like, that could be me in the pram, had one like that!.


 After my friend Jean bought me a wooden kit mentioned in the last post, it started me off again and had bought another kit from Amazon last week, so plenty to go at this weekend in the warm and try to get rid of the cough.

The current kit.

This one plays a tune if you get it right.

The comments in the Amazon catalouge were mixed in that 50% said it didn't work so I was a bit concerned when I bought it!.


What's in the box?.


 So made a start, some of the instructions are a bit strange with the translation.

I usually go away and think about it for a while if not quite sure what it means.

Eight of these strikers to make.


The winder, lot of bits for that.



Strikers and winder fitted.



Rear of strikers and Drum spindle made.





Large cog wheel fitted with racket parts, perhaps this is were people go wrong?.

Drum spindle constructed 

Note bars fitted to wheel, light smear of PVA glue and my Mates laccy bands idea to hold until set.
Care must be taken to fit bars in right order

Coloured sound bars fitted!, 
Strange, scroll up and down on this picture and the drum seems t move!. 

Plectrum's fitted into note bars as per the music sheet provided!.



There are three tunes on the music sheet provided but if you are musically minded no doubt you could make any tune you wish.
Does it work, you ask and YES it does!, so the people in the comments that said it doesn't, mustn't be very good modellers hey. 

So the weekend was quite nice sat crafting in the warmth and looking out at the cold weather.
The jigsaw was a Charity one and will be going back in the week!.
...........................................................
What do you call a woman who knows where her husband is every night , 
A Widow!.

A friend of mine is engaged in a custody battle,
His wife doesn't want him and his mother won't take him back!.

A study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year.
..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment